mdem replied

566 weeks ago

Hello everybody :)

I'm a brand new player to FFXIV, I have bought a CE download copy because so far I'm enjoying the game a lot!

I'm seeking a group/LS/FC to join on the Masamune server, because I've found during the beta tests thus far, I've had random questions I've wanted to ask and there hasn’t really been any way to ask people besides shouting in town and letting it off into the void hehe :p
And been able to party up with people on more than one occasion would be a real treat, to get some social aspect back into the MMO again would be great, like it was in FFXI.

Online name: mdem
FFXIV name: mdem san
I'm 23 right now, work/live at home. I'm a full time career for my father so that gives me lots of time been at home, with time to be filled.

A little background on my gamming history:
I'm the kind of person who will stick with one game for a long time.
My first game was Diablo 2, I had played that for around 4 years, took a long break then played again for another few years after the major updates and Lord of Destruction came out.
Had multiple lv99 chars, main was a Barb and then Assassin, loved them both because of the sheer power and PVP capabilities. Then once Enigma came out I had made a Hammaden for pure farming.
––-

After that I did my own thing for a while until… FFXI! haha, shock right?
Played that for around 8 years in total, quit two years ago because the game was slowly been ruined by abyssea and also 90% of my in game friends had moved on, after that there was little left for me to do.
I had multiple lv75(pre massive game review)/90 chars (I say lv90 because I did not stick around long enough to get lv99).

My mains were PLD and NIN, been a tank was amazing, my Linkshell had always asked me to tank because they knew they could trust me. Both PLD and NIN had multiple sets of gears for every occasion.
Besides that I also had SAM, DRK, MNK, ect ect, (FFXIAH.com > mdem (on Odin server)).

First end game linkshell was Lineage.
It was a small group of people within my time zone, it was just a Sky linkshell but it was an amazingly fun and huge learning curve for me. First time killing anything that hard and big.
I still stay in touch with some of the members to this day.

Another one was Resurrection, it was an NA based linkshell. But after a while of showing that I was trust worthy and good enough the leader intrusted me with adding an Aussie/JP prime time slot into our schedule. Things like HNM, Sky farming and limited CoP events. (I hadn’t had sea at this point in time.)
It took some work but I started planning events and doing my own runs including the main linkshell events.
Reason for leaving was, issues starting popping up between me and the leader and I decided it was best that I had moved on.

Then there was OrionsDoor.. This was one of the Linkshell that thought me the most, not only about the game but about myself and even the real world outside the front door. The leader wasn’t much older than I was, but he saw things very differently to a lot of us.
The kinds of things that he thought up during events, battles and every day talks to in-depth discussions helped the linkshell grow to be one of the more powerful groups within the server, but with a very small member base.
We were very good at low-manning a lot of hard NMs/HNMs that most linkshells just throw members at. Instead of following the norm, we would rethink a lot of things and form it around out limitations because of our member base.

Reason for leaving this time was, sadly the Linkshell had disbanded. The leader and his wife were quitting the game, and all of its members thought it was best to let the linkshell die with him, kind of a respect thing you might say. Few of its members went to create another Linkshell.

My last Linkshell was BBQ, it was an all round group, doing every type of event. I enjoyed my time very much; it was a mix of NA/AU/EU/JP people for every time zone.
After about a year or so I was getting to the end of my FFXI rope.
Quit the game, but still a member of the linkshell, in a way.
––-

So after all of that background and history, here I am seeking some form of group to join once OpenBeta starts some time in Auguest.

I'll be starting out as a GLA, working my way to becoming a PLD, and once that happens I'll have some idea of what the other jobs are like through partys and worth of mouth and will decide what my alt class/job shall be.
But I’ll try my hardest at been a PLD and at tanking because that is what I love to do.

I will be looking to do end game in FFXIV, I'd love a group that does things within JP prime time (AU inc.) or event early mornings AU time.

So if anybody has or knows of a linkshell I might be able to join, I'd love to hear from you.

Sorry if this post is a bit long, just thought I'd give at least some detail in who I am so you know what you’re getting yourself mixed up in. :)

Thank you for the time, and I hope we can all have some fun in game together. :)

Thanks~
mdem
I'm not lazy.
I'm highly motivated to do nothing!

Altena Admin replied

566 weeks ago

Wow very in depth mdem!

I truly hope you find a home. Unfortunately my FC isn't openly recruiting at the moment, and we will be on 1.0 NA servers, but I hope you find a place to share some of that dedication!

Kairi Sgheart Default replied

566 weeks ago

Well I be on masamune, if u got things u need ask, always feel free /tell me :P. most of the time if i am free i do answer them, reply :).

As for free company, u should look at the various free company posted in the linkshell/free company section and see which u like and then go and apply. :) have various shell/company that are heading to masamune :).

mdem replied

566 weeks ago

Hey ~
Thanks for the replies.

The reason I thought I'd ass so much info is because hopefully come of the linkshells that I don't know about will come out of the woods :p

I had a looksy at the LS/FC adverts on the forums here, but it looks like (at least to my eyes) that they are mostly end game only groups seeking high levels at this point in time. Since I'm only starting out I wouldn’t be able to apply to a group like that yet hehe.
Although no one really posted a sort of requirement list, based off the type of group they are in one can have a guess.

I also looked at the forum on the FFXIV beta forums, but it's so messy, and most people hadn’t put the server in the title so reading through every post takes hours lol, though I did have a look at a few.

@Kairi Sgheart
Thanks for the offer of letting me send a tell for help :)
Would really be big help if I had a random question, instead of posting on a forum and hoping to get an answer, hehe.

Thanks~
mdem
I'm not lazy.

thoeun replied

566 weeks ago

Michael,

I'm sorry you haven't found a LS/FC yet in Masamune. My community would love to have you if you're willing to come to Tonberry. Most of our players are from Australia, South Korea, and Indonesia. Please give us a try, I would love to have you on our team.

Edit:

FC Site www.avalanchegroup.enjin.com
Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/524144744306225/

Hope to see you and good luck finding a FC. I know any company will enjoy your company…confused myself sorry! xD
v/r
Rue

Kairi Sgheart Default replied

566 weeks ago

Well, i not a leader or anything in my free company, but i can say they have returning players that never touch 1.0 due to bad launch as well as some that never been there for 2 years. Along with a couple of new people. So i can say if u like u can try apply and see. :) think with your many year experience in other game prior to this, especially ffxi, most shell will be able accept u :P. Since to be honest, beside the levels that some people have, everything else in ARR is new. :x

Anyway hope u find a place u like. :)

Lanzce Seirra Admin replied

566 weeks ago

You can see my recruitement page in masamune forum :)

Crystalier Co. Ltd. is my FC and we strive for Casual & Semi-Hardcore.

mdem replied

566 weeks ago

Ohh, I did not notice the forums had changed, deciding into servers now yay, makes it a bit easier ;)

Thank
mdem
I'm not lazy.

Trenma Default replied

566 weeks ago

Hi Mdem,

I have to ask which server you were on for the linkshell of Resurrection as I was in a linkshell called this as well for a large portion of my sky time in FFXI :P

Believe it was Quetzalcotal.

Name in game was Trenma, will be interesting if it was the same one!

mdem replied

566 weeks ago

Thanks again everyone for the kind words and welcoming arms :D

I hope we can all have some awesome fun together, no matter where we all end within Masamune. We need to make this server awesomely amazingly epicly fun! :p
I'm not lazy.
Please log in to post a reply.