Lanzce Seirra Admin replied

560 weeks ago

Since Tonberry is quite PACK…

Tiamat will be hold as the next unofficial JP server.

Gareth replied

559 weeks ago

What about NA, Behemoth was full at start of early access me and a few others have gone to malboro

Owatatsumi Kami Default replied

559 weeks ago

What is going on in NA with locked servers is really different from what is going on with JP and I suggest caution before choosing a secondary server.

While Tonberry of JP region was locked due to overpopulation I believe Behemoth of the NA region is currently locked because the widespread NA server issues and the maintenance they've been performing to fix it. With the maintenance "severe login restriction in order to stabilize the servers" is being enforced. Go to the following official FFXIV:ARR update to learn more: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/67403-NA-Login-Limitation-After-Emergency-Maintenance-%28Aug.-25%29?p=1065767#post1065767 .

Here are two reasons I think the maintenance is at fault and not necessarily too high a population on the server. The first is that all of yesterday and part of this morning I was checking the Oceanic unofficial servers throughout the day seeing which ones were open. Though Behemoth was locked for some of that time it was probably at least open for the same amount of time if not more for character creation. If you average it. The other reason is that it is not just Behemoth that is locked currently but the majority of the NA and EU servers, all in fact except the following: Faeri (NA), Siren (NA), Odin (EU), Shiva (EU), and Cerberus (EU). Even your own server Malboro is currently locked.

With so much going on with the NA region servers I feel it is too early to assume that Behemoth is indeed full. If the situation was the same as JP and Tonberry I would say it would be a good idea to select a secondary server, but it isn't. For one if Malboro, or some other server, was chosen that might just cause confusion at this time since it is also locked due to maintenance. In addition, there is the danger of spreading out the Oceanic playrs in NA too thin if Behemoth opens up again, as it did before, once the NA server problems are fixed. Though it is true there is no guarantee of this. I'm just talking about the patterns I've been seeing.

Anyway, those are just my two cents worth. Though there will always be Oceanics playing across all servers in both regions, the ones I feel should be listed here are those with a high concentration of Oceanic players, the central hubs of the community. For an additional server to be added there needs to be a huge backing for it to insure a high concentration of Oceanic players to make their home there. This was present for Tiamat but I fear it doesn't exist for a new NA server yet, though I could be wrong.
Please log in to post a reply.