Lanzce Seirra Admin replied

560 weeks ago

Please be friendly to the Japanese. You're part of the English Speaking Oceania/SEA community and I do not enforce you to be nice, but hope that you could be nice to them too! We're playing together and i hope we're continue to keep a good relationship, a healthy relationship!

Many Japanese are very shy and sensitive when it comes to using English Language. So when you are in Duty Finder and bundle up with Japanese, make them feel welcome! Is the first step for them to learn English better! Although our english is not that good either, make them feel like we're friends and what not.

Unless there are jerks. :P

So to end this speech, I hope you all and wish you all a happy gaming time when it comes!

Owatatsumi Kami Default replied

560 weeks ago

Good advice! Thanks for the friendly reminder. :) Since there is a language barrier, even if we aren't trying to be rude we could slip up on something or forget there are other people who speak different languages. Auto-translate sounds like it will be our friend, though it won't be perfect. Let's all just concentrate on having fun, be considerate to others, and learn to laugh at our mistakes!

I'm really looking forward to playing on a Japanese server with a wider community. This is going to be a lot of fun!

Lanzce Seirra Admin replied

560 weeks ago

indeed! :D Happy gaming!

Darkshaunz replied

560 weeks ago

I think the Japanese players I've met in beta four dungeon pugs have been pretty friendly individuals.

Some of them, upon realizing that we are not JP - try to use the Auto-TL to communicate, or through emotes (which is far more amusing for both sides).

There will always be the xenophobic minority amongst the JP individuals, but I honestly believe the majority of them are just like us - logging on to play video games and just get on with it.

Sarano Default replied

560 weeks ago

I only met a couple of JP players during the OBT but they left me with pretty positive first impressions.

One saved me with a well timed heal when I bit off a bit more than I could chew as a level 8 GLA. (I was trying to kill a level 15 mob as part of a Leve). Then hung around and healed me through it. Awesome guy.

Tomba replied

560 weeks ago

Yes, when you're in a party with Japanese players, emotes and macros with common phrases (auto-tl, romaji or real Japanese) can be really useful. :D
http://shigemo.com/FFXI/nihongo_guide.html

Kairi Sgheart Default replied

560 weeks ago

During my entire time in Aegis in 1.0 before transfer. They are a very nice and dedicated group, sometime we have languagebarrirer, but it doesn't stop us from helping and raiding together with simple terms, and even after raids, when we pass by each other, we would wave, bow, or toss a random heal if in danger. its Nice, and i am looking forward to mixing together with them in the server we are with. That way we do form a strong community where we all in a server feel as a family, and have fun :).

ratchan Default replied

560 weeks ago

Yeah, I've had nothing but great experiences. CNJ are the best as when I was tanking they made sure I was well cared for when facing the copperbell mine boss.

chaoschief replied

559 weeks ago

thanks for advice its good advice always happy to be friendly to anybody just ask the same in return
Please log in to post a reply.