Danorille Pandemo Default replied

571 weeks ago

PInging from Msia I get about 90-100ms

Kairi Sgheart Default replied

571 weeks ago

what the IP to ping ? want test both jp and NA, although i do probably be heading NA for language spoken :X unless the ping is disasterous :p

fxfighter replied

571 weeks ago

Catapult Default replied

571 weeks ago

The "EU" servers are to be located in the NA datacentre, it seems. And based on Bayohne's comments regarding selecting the location wisely, it is thus more likely to be east coast.

Pings aren't the only test. If our communication is routed through London for the purpose of SE european account credentials (we don't know how they have designed the architecture but have unlikely done it with SEA in mind), then NA servers may actually be faster. Otherwise, JP servers would be ahead. Ping tests won't pick this difference up if it is the case, so the only way to know for sure is in-game testing.

Fulrem replied

571 weeks ago

The NA/EU servers are east coast Canada (Montreal city).
198.245.51.8 is an IP with Geolocation Montreal, Canada.

My results from Sydney on iiNet:
237ms to Montreal
117ms to Japan

Personally I'm going to be picking Masamune (Legacy JP) simply due to existing population, I found through many many years of WoW that a large server population gave a strong economy as well as supporting raiding to a greater extent.

Can compare what the populations were on legacy servers.

Lanzce Seirra Admin replied

571 weeks ago

this is montreal IP 184.107.107.176 : 264ms
JP : 96ms

fxfighter replied

571 weeks ago

Personally I'm going to be picking Masamune (Legacy JP) simply due to existing population, I found through many many years of WoW that a large server population gave a strong economy as well as supporting raiding to a greater extent.

Can compare what the populations were on legacy servers.Fulrem

Yeah but completing the raid content on legacy servers isn't going to be as big a deal as completing it on a fresh server where everyone had to start from the same point with nothing.

Fulrem replied

571 weeks ago

Yeah but completing the raid content on legacy servers isn't going to be as big a deal as completing it on a fresh server where everyone had to start from the same point with nothing.fxfighter

Depends on your point of view, I didn't play 1.0 so will be behind at the start but to me legacy will provide more competition with a greater number of raiding LS'. Yeah I won't be getting server firsts for the first lot of content, but having the extra competition and larger raiding community is what makes a great server in my opinion.

Rei Default replied

571 weeks ago

Depends on your point of view, I didn't play 1.0 so will be behind at the start but to me legacy will provide more competition with a greater number of raiding LS'. Yeah I won't be getting server firsts for the first lot of content, but having the extra competition and larger raiding community is what makes a great server in my opinion.Fulrem

Don't need to be on the same server to compete if you are aiming for region/world firsts. Starting on a new server means no one can play down your accomplishments by insinuating that you got help from legacy players and their resources.
Synapse - SG/Oceanic
http://www.synapse-guild.com/

fxfighter replied

571 weeks ago

Yeah but completing the raid content on legacy servers isn't going to be as big a deal as completing it on a fresh server where everyone had to start from the same point with nothing.fxfighter

Depends on your point of view, I didn't play 1.0 so will be behind at the start but to me legacy will provide more competition with a greater number of raiding LS'. Yeah I won't be getting server firsts for the first lot of content, but having the extra competition and larger raiding community is what makes a great server in my opinion.Fulrem

I understand what you're getting at but I wasn't thinking on a single server level like Rei already mentioned. I was considering region/world first stuff which I imagine will come in 2 categories initially, 1 for new and 1 for legacy servers.

This is all just speculation at this point of course.
Please log in to post a reply.