juniglee replied

558 weeks ago

Hi guys,

I just picked up FFXIV: ARR and am having a blast playing it over the last weekend.

Unfortunately, I didn't look too hard on groups and stuff, and I'm already a Level 23 Lancer on Cerberus (EU) server.

Just wondering if I should switch servers to one of the few servers here, to find people closer to my time zone and stuff.

I am also sort of looking for a gauge on the activity level in this game, Cerberus seems fairly quiet (took me an hour using duty finder for Tam-Tara, and was still not able to find a party). And also looking to meet and make new friends!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'm a Malaysian living in Sydney, so a SEA guild would be equally good as well!

Cheers all, thanks for taking the time to read my introduction.

Simba Rose replied

558 weeks ago

hey dude!!! im on the ceberus server, im only lvl 10 but still dont want to start again hahaha

im in sydney

juniglee replied

558 weeks ago

Level 10 isn't too bad. Did you get the pre-order Helm of Light? It makes levelling up to 10 just swoosh by.

My only real problem is I spent an entire weekend grinding out to Lv23, I've already joined a Grand Company (year pirates!), although I haven't grinded out my seals for the Chocobo Mount yet. While a few days is not that long, but just feels like my effort was in futility lol.

Granted it's a few hours on Friday, and 2 full days on Saturday and Sunday, which I am sure I can catch up to in a week.

My IGN on Cerberus is Darien Windforge. If I can't make a new character on Tonberry tonight, I'll continue playing on EU until I can. But I'll most likely use the same name on Tonberry too.

Simba Rose replied

558 weeks ago

cool and yeah i just redeemed the helm when i got to work this morning hahaha i havnt been able to play too much over the weekend and this morning i hammered out 3 lvls just to get to 10…. maybe ill try to get to 10 with the Helm this time hahaha

me and a mate are wondering if its worth starting a new one on another server or stay where we are

juniglee replied

558 weeks ago

At this early stage, it'd probably be worth it to make the switch. I don't know if Square Enix has lifted the restrictions on making characters on other servers yet.

Looks like you can try:
Tiamat (JP)
Tonberry (JP)
Behemoth (NA)

I believe you'll find more Aussies in those servers. I plan to make the switch some time when possible.

Simba Rose replied

558 weeks ago

Cheers dude, ill make another and see how i go

juniglee replied

558 weeks ago

Seems you still can't make characters on any of the above listed servers.

Oh well, back to Cerberus I go for the time being.

Simba Rose replied

558 weeks ago

yeah i found the same…. btw my name on Cerberus is Simba Rose

BnDozer Default replied

558 weeks ago

hey guys, from syd ma self.
add em in on Tonberry.
Adrian Jan

Simba Rose replied

558 weeks ago

ill try making one on tonberry tomorrow… all were full everytime i tried
Please log in to post a reply.